Thursday, March 20, 2008

Greek musings

070623-027

Everyone thinks AM is Greek.
Everyone loves T because she can speak Greek!
I just looked more and more like a lobster as the week went by! :)

070623-037

At Spannocchia, the three of us travelling together were inspiring.
On Mykonos, the three of us travelling together were intriguing.

070623-061

Greek salads make tastier beach food than cheesy poofs... although sometimes cheesy poofs are sooo yummy!

070623-064

The Aegean is very easy to float in. And if you stay still long enough while treading water, little fish will swim around you!

070623-083

The American family on the beach was very loud and obnoxious.
The Italian family who stole the sugar at breakfast seemed to follow us everywhere, likely carrying the sandwiches they made at the hotel buffet breakfast!
The little Greek girl surrounded by grandparents was ADORABLE!

070623-086

Nicoletta, our waitress, was our best friend on Mykonos. And she wanted me to paint her portrait so she could sit down!

070623-099

Costas at the hotel front desk was very patient with our requests for spider-ridding devices (brooms) and spanokopita-serving restaurants. But he was annoying to T: "he's not efficient to talk to!"

070623-108

Internet cafes are wonderful for easing loneliness for far-away loved ones, and more accessible than payphones.

070623-120

We accumulated a list of our favorite things, or at least T's favorite things! :)
Pesto! My favorite thing!
Garlic! My favorite thing!
Nutella! My favorite thing!
Fizzy water! My favorite thing!
Caprese salad! My favorite thing!
Gelato! My favorite thing!
Salumi! My favorite thing!
Fresh squeezed orange juice! My favorite thing!
Bendy straws! My favorite thing!
Tzatziki! My favorite thing!
Mythos! My favorite thing!

Spending two weeks with my two best friends again, after so many years of living in different cities- MY favorite thing! :)

070623-140

Mr. Favolo! Will you PLEASE, SIT DOWN!

070623-144

:)

No comments: